The KI 6171 Tone and Traffic Identifiers are rugged, easy to use instruments used to identify optical test tones, live traffic and optical power levels in single mode fiber. They are commonly used to positively identify fibers to avoid accidently disconnecting live systems, and for general checking of continuity, faults or mid-span loss points. The instruments are simple and reliable to use with one hand. They can detect a variety of optical tones, which can be provided by any Kingfisher laser source.
A clip on fiber identifier is used to identify traffic, or a test tone generated by a source, or as a route tracer.
- Easy to use with one hand, no menu!
- Thumb lock for consistency & hands free operation
- Displays traffic direction with audible warning
- Approximate fiber power display
- Supplied with 4 headsfor ribbon / 250 μ coated fiber, 900 μ fiber, 2 mm & 3 mm patch lead
- Uses 2 x AAA alkaline batteries. Auto turn on / off
- Durable metal housing and quality construction
- Also available in convenient Test Kits.
- Full QA report